I cannot say
or express enough thank you to you all for your love and support. I have felt
very blessed and loved this past week. Please forgive me for not writing to you
all sooner, but my new computer has arrived and I will try to catch you up on
what’s been going on the past couple of months. First let me just give credit
where credit is due. Pr@ise Him for sending me here to this Island and meeting
so many wonderful people and thank you supporters for making it possible. With
out Our King and your pr@yer$ I don’t know how I would have made it almost 10
months out here. He has really been growing and stretching me more and more
every day. Life continues to be a challenge and struggle here but it’s all in
His timing, He’s gotten me this far, and He will carry me. He gave me this
song, not sure of the title but I think it’s…“Pr@ise His Name”. “When
everything falls apart, Pr@ise His Name. When you have broken heart, raise your
hands and say, You are all I need, You’re everything to me and He take the pain
away. Greater is He, that is with in me….you can Pr@ise the hurt away. You’ll
see the darkness go, as your faith begins to grow. You’re not alone, so how can
you be lonely?”
Working at
the Hospital has been a stretch to say the least. I’ve never seen so much hurt
and felt so helpless. Having the “little bit” of medical knowledge that I do
hasn’t made it any easier. I’m just this strange white girl who came in and
wants to help but stumbles over their language and try’s to smile through
everything, rude comments, harsh looks and no respect. It has been made very
clear to me that HE still has dentistry in the plans for me but I’m just not
sure where or what it will look like. I will not be returning to the Hospital
anymore. If you would like more information, please just email me. I would ask
that you continue to Pr@y with me as I seek His open doors and will for me. I
am thankful for my wonderful roommates who have supported and carried this
burden with me. He is good.
Through all
my struggles, the team as a whole is doing great! Island work is moving right
along, English teaching and clubs, dance classes and sports. Roomies are
working hard to have their dances all done for the SPECTACILAR in couple weeks.
S is making the outfits they are wear and they will be wonderful! A has been
working on music and filling in while S had to go home for some family matters.
We have had a Big Pr@ise, one of my team members friend became a follower. We
call him Sammy, and he is very “on fire” for HIM. Sammy’s wife isn’t happy
about this change but through talk and pr@yer$, on our end of course, she has
letting Sammy stay at the home. He would appreciate your pr@yer$. Also, I’ve
been helping with a club at the university on Mondays and a boy in my class has
been very curious about what we believe. I gave him some materials to read and
then I’ve been sick so I haven’t seen him. But today I went back and He was
very excited to see me healthy and eager to talk about what he read. He read
the book of Luke in the island language in 2 weeks! I’m going to introduce him
to a local believer I know and pr@y for good things to come, please join me.
Dr. Dale and myself working out of his house.
(Trying to help a friend get out of pain.)
Please be pr@ying for this little guy and his parents. Sad to see them leave the Islands but I know HE has something better for them. Missing you already Freier Family!
Pr@ise Reports:
- He continues to provide for my financial needs here. So very thankful!
- I got a NEW COMPUTER!!! And mom was able to send me a trunk for thanksgiving, full of Christmas decorations and presents for all!
- Health, I am well and roomies are too. Had a little scary couple weeks ago, thought I might have appendicitis or something, but He is good and everything is ok!
- We celebrated A’s birthday with our neighbors in very Island fashion!
- Sarah’s grandmother, “Granny”, went home to be with HIM and isn’t suffering anymore. S got to go home for service and spend thanksgiving with family.
- VACATION is coming!!! It couldn’t be needed more! 24 days and counting…. And we will get off this Island for 2 weeks!!
Pr@y Request:
- Platform work. Pr@y that new opportunities will come and I can be used for him here. Pr@y for continued strength and peace through this struggle.
- Pr@y for “Zack”, boy in my university class who has read the good word, let His word ring true in Zack’s life.
- Continuing relationships in our “Itsy” community. Girls on volleyball team, neighbors and friends.
- Pr@y over the next couple of weeks that myself and others can share about this special season coming up. Language would continue and not be a barrier.
Meet
the Team: Last but not least…..
Put your hands
together for the wonderful rhythmic dancer…..ERIC!!!! Yes, that’s right folks
he will tell you that he’s a Petroleum Engineer but that’s just a day job. He
loves dancing even if it lands him in the emergency room with a torn Achilles
tendon. Emily has the wonderful pleasure of being married to this man. She is a
teacher and even while living in a difficult place has learned this Island
language and continues to home school their amazing 2 kids! Madie (7) and Mason
(6).
Meet our
“Fundi”(teacher) and his wonderful wife, without who we would all starve on
team day. Sergio and Aly are some of the veterans of the group. They have been
here on the Island for 3 years now. Both are English teachers and Sergio does a
great job at breaking down the island language for us “new wavers” to try and
learn. Island life is what they love and thrive on, as well as their kids. Gabe
(6), Lina (4), and little no name to come in about 4 months.



