Tuesday, October 9, 2012

You will be missed, but not forgotten.


You’re not here
It seems like yesterday, we were just kids having fun at Grandmaw and Grandpaw’s house.
The house had a way of making us feel safe, comfortable and loved.
I can see it, just as clear now as it was then, the house our parents grew up in.
We would play for hours, laughing and making it up as we went.
You’re not here.
I was loud, bossy and stubborn.
You were quiet, kind, and loving.
I wanted to have everything a certain way.
You were happy to do anything.
You’re not here.
We grew up and the house became a memory.
Too busy for games and fun, stories and make believe.
Grandparents weren’t always around anymore.
Life was changing and there was nothing we could do to stop it.
You’re not here.
Making plans and chasing after new dreams.
Learning a lot about life and what it can bring.
The great unknown and the possibilities to come.
Having Faith in the One who created it all.
You’re not here.
Life is so different now but the memories are still there.
You had to leave us and we don’t know why,
It was only yesterday that we were together.
I will remember for now until we meet again.
You’re not here,
But, you are there.

Please Continue to be in Pryer for My Family as we grieve for the Loss of someone so special.
Thank you
<><