Waiting….
Open opportunities to catch our breath out of the busy days or weeks of life.
Waiting…. For kids (or adults out there who admit it) could be that moment when
you feel like you might die!
Waiting….
Catching up on emails, phone calls, house cleaning or of course social media.
I
can admit that at some point I have felt like each one of these examples and
I’m sure maybe some of you out there can admit the same thing. Come on…don’t
leave me hanging out here all alone. Well over the past couple of months I’ve
been thinking maybe it’s more like this… Waiting… The Father wanting to speak
to you, reach out to you, teach you, or show you something. My heart is overwhelmed with things I wish to
share with you all. I just don’t know where to begin. So let me start with
sharing some scripture that has spoken to me in the past few months.
 |
| Multiply-David Platt = AMAZING! |
“Do
you not know? Have you not heard? The Father is the everlasting King, the
Creator of the ends of the earth. He will not grow tired or weary, and His
understanding no one can fathom.” (Is. 40:28)
“But
if I hope for what I do not yet have, I wait for it patiently. In the same way,
the Spirit helps me in my weakness. I do not know what I ought to pr@y for, but
the Spirit Himself intercedes for me with groans that words cannot express. And
he who searches my heart knows the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit
intercedes for the saints in accordance with The Father’s will.”(Rom.
8:25-27)
When
I was reading these verses it was like someone was reading my heart. I couldn’t
express it better than these words. Seeing it in print that the King doesn’t
grow tired or weary and He understands. He knows my heart; He’s given me the
desire to serve Him overseas. He knows better than anyone just how much I want
to be in just the right place to do His will. Unsure of how to pr@y and waiting
for direction, these verses gave me such comfort. Knowing that He knows and
understand my heart even when I can’t form the words. The King did just that,
although I’m sure I could have done a better job at being patient. Again and
again His word speaks to me and each time it does it is like The Father is
pulling at my heart. “Alison, you know I have plans for
you, you know my command of Go and Spread the Go$pel to All Nations, you know I
want my disciples to make disciples.” I now have this unshakable peace
of where He wants me to go and the people He wants me to speak to. PRAISE HIM!!
I’ve learned that this ‘waiting” was something that I needed to prepare me,
grow me and teach me in this process. Having words of such wonderful godly
teachers and words of scripture for me to turn to. “Cast all your
anxiety/cares/ fears/ worries on Him because He cares for you.” (1Pt. 5:7) This
is a verse I cling to and am putting into practice daily. This verse helps me
put my faith and complete trust my wonderful KING!
 |
| Daniel Series + Beth Moore = Wonderful! |
While
I love being at home spending time with family, church, friends and even people
at the company office, my heart longs to be somewhere else.
Petition
our Father along with me….
- Thank Him and Praise Him
for peace of heart while I wait.
- Thank Him for such
amazing supporters and pr@yer warriors I have been so blessed with.
- That I will continue to
trust that His timing is best and His plan will be revealed.
-
When He moves, and I
know HE will, that it will be so evident to me.
-
Finances and needs will continue
to be met.
 |
| Friend's Wedding |
 |
| Dinner with Girls in Peachtree City, Atlanta |
 |
| Africa Coca-Cola in the States! |
 |
| Coaching girls volleyball, yea some of them are the same height as me! |