Thursday, January 16, 2014

~ Christmas in NC and New Years in NY ~


So I’m not going to lie…as the Holidays approached I was thinking about Dubai and how much fun it was. Yes, even though I came home hurt! Ha! So how in the world could this little ol town compare to that, BUT it did! It was so wonderful to be home this Christmas with FAMILY and sweet sweet Friends. Most importantly my mommy, yes…I just said that. I absolutely loved getting to spend time with her, decorating our many Christmas trees, watching Christmas movies, wrapping presents and singing in the Christmas tree at church.
Decking the Halls and the Dog! HA!


My Kinsley! Can't get enough of this girl!
The day after Christmas my parents drove me to the airport, I know sounds weird right. Who would want to fly the day after Christmas anyways? I got the chance to go to NY and see some Friends that I met while serving in Africa. I met Grace, her kids and the au pair in Syracuse and we drove down to NYC to stay with her parents for couple a days. It was AMAZING! Yes, Country Girl goes to the City, I felt like a deer caught in headlights the whole time. Seeing the skyline of all the buildings, hearing the roar of the trains and subways, and all the concrete! Grace and her brother took us into the city on day. We saw Time Square, Rockefeller Center, the Google Building (AMAZING), and beautiful cathedrals. The rest of the time with her family…  we spent playing cards and games, just hanging out and playing with kids. We made our way back up to Seneca Falls on Monday morning; it’s about a 6-hour drive so Grace and I took turns driving. It was so beautiful driving back up north… brownish-green soon turned to wind blown snow everywhere…so AMAZING and breath taking. How people can look at that and not see such an amazing God is beyond me.
Grace and Abigail, trying on a tradition Koren dress
Radio City!
There’s never a dull moment at the Freier house. There’s always something to do, Love it! Kids want someone to play with or want you to watch them play and then you just to try to figure out when you can have adult time to talk/play cards or just go shopping. Look at this Apple, Apple want to play this with me, Apple lets go ice skating and sledding, and Apple will you come watch us play hockey. SURE! I’d love to! After the New Year the boys went right back into Hockey. Having 3 games Saturday and Sunday, so we spent most of our time at the rink for couple of days and surprising it was warmer in there then outside, thanks to the POLAR VORTEX that came through. As a Canadian friend said….at 30 below you just don’t care what you look like and you go for WARMTH. Would you like another layer with that…yes please! Lucky I wear the same size shoe as their 11-year boy, HA, so I wore his snow boots. 
"little" Dale, Josiah, Mark and Abigail!

Happy New Year, with cake and Ticket to Ride game!
Skating with Josiah, he is holding me...I'm holding him, hey whatever works!
Me and Elizabeth ( au pair)
Who is Apple?? ME! I’m Apple or Ali Apple.
So back on the Island, the kids were sitting around the breakfast table one morning and they thought it would be funny to start naming everyone a fruit! I got Apple and it just stuck! Auntie Apple, Ali Apple or just Apple…I’ll answer to all.
Bailey  Bridge from "It's a Wonderful Life!
When things started to settle down little bit I got to talk with Grace and Dale about the possibility of staying stateside this year and working in a dental office for awhile. Just being curious, Grace called her dental office and asked if I could drop off my Resume with them in the chance they would want any help. Are you sitting down… do you know what’s coming next? The dental office is hiring and was so excited to hear from us. I took in my resume and filled out an application and later that same day got a call for an interview. It went really well, so I’m praying about moving up there. Yes, I know it’s big! Even a little strange, the Doctor said I’m doing it backwards, most people leave north for south but I’m just trying to trust Him and follow His will. Just something I’m praying about and I hope you will continue with me.

I am praising Him for giving me peace about staying stateside. This is something I’ve been praying for a while now. Should I go back to Africa? Where should I go, am I to wait, where do I wait? The Lord has been hearing my petitions and I’m so thankful that I am at peace with this. My company is at peace with it and of course my family. As of March 1 of this year, I will be going inactive with the company and off of support. I cannot express enough how GRATEFUL I am to ALL of my supporters for your loving prayers and financial contributions these past 2 years. You were as much a part of my work in Africa as I was being there and also helping me recover from Surgery. I could not do it with you and our loving Father. Again Thank you.