It’s official, I am moving to NY this Thursday, as
in couple of days from now. I got a call from the dental office 2 weeks ago and
they confirmed they wanted me for the job. Next was praying about where I was
to live, when I would make the move and everything has come together, even down
to the furniture that’s been provided. God is Amazing! I’m so thankful for all
that God has taught me, is continuing to teach me and will teach me in this
next chapter. Thank you for all the prayers, support and encouragement that you
all have given me this past year. I hope you know that none of this could have
been possible without you. He used each and every one of you, and what a joy it
is to be used for HIS glory.
The past week has been a blur, but I would like to
share on just a couple of the “God” things. I was able to work for a dentist in
High Point that I used to work at for couple of weeks now; little did I know
what God was going to do with that income of money. Knowing that my car was
about to make a big 13-hour trip to NY, Dad suggested we take it to have
someone look it over really good and make sure it would make the trip. Of
course they found something wrong! $600 worth! Yea….I about cried! He will
provide I kept telling myself as I wrote out the check and then joked with the
mechanic that he did this on purpose for job security. Ha! Just a DAY later I
got my check from dentist and just over the amount I needed to fix my car!
PRAISES to the KING!!
Second thing was when Dad and I took my boxes to be
shipped up to my new address. The guy at the counter looked at me funny when I
told him the address and I must admit it sounded little weird to me as well but
that’s what the roommate said so I went with it. Everything was boxed, labeled
and prayed over…ready to go! I held my breath as he told me the cost to ship
everything, “miss that will be…” and wouldn’t ya know it was to the dollar of
the leftover amount from the dentist check after I paid for the car! YEP!! Oh
and it gets better….then I get out to the car and call the roommate to tell her
that the packages are being shipped and checked the address….she explained that
I had forgotten to add STREET to the address…INSERT PANIC HERE!! I don’t know if it’s the many problems I’ve
had, friends have had, shipping things or checking bags but my stomach is always
unsettled until all my belongings are with me. As I went back into the store I
was praying there would be a way to fix this without being a hassle to them. As
we looked over the labels…yep “the computer fixed it” as the man said. I said,
Nope that is my God for ya! AMEN!!!
Those are just a couple of ways that I can write
down and remember how He has/is moving in my life daily! And with any
transition, all my friends overseas can relate, comes the part where I must say
goodbyes, see you laters, or we’ll email/skype/facetime soon. It’s been so wonderful
being at home for the past year, having so many people who love me surround me
with prayers and encouragement for the future. I think the phrase that’s been
used a lot lately is, “well at least it’s not Africa”. Ha! Sure everyone
understands that’s where my heart is and I wish I could be right now but for
now I am at peace with where/what HE has me right now, everyone i.e. my mom is
counting her blessings as well. That’s all I’ve heard her tell people, “I don’t
have to worry about different time changes, Internet connects or planning out
when I can talk to my girl”. Of course trying to get my little sweet Kinsley to
understand it is going to be interesting. She will be 5 in June, I know all it
would take would be for her to call me and say she wants to see me and I’ll be
home that next weekend! But can you blame me…look at her!!
It just hit me that I am writing a blog for this
site that’s called AlinAfrica…haha! Guess I need to change the name. Any ideas?
I will try and update you as much as possible on
life in WaterLoo NY, yes that song does come to my head every time I say that,
with my sweet roommate Courtney.
New Address:
5 Inslee St.
Waterloo, NY 13165