Sunday, November 2, 2014

AHOY, ALL ABOARD, ANCHORS AWAY....

-->
Just a few terms that come to mind as I’m about to embark on this new adventure. Most of you know by now that Dentistry and Missions are two passions that I have sought to combine for quite a while now. While I don’t want to talk about the past I feel like I should mention what God has done and continues to do.  I feel like this quote says it better than I can: “The enemy’s tactics haven’t changed since the garden of Eden. He’s still trying to neutralize us spiritually by getting us to focus on what we’ve done wrong in the past. Satan uses guilt to turn us into reactionaries. Jesus came to recondition our spiritual reflexes and turn us into revolutionaries for His cause. As long as we’re focused on what we’ve done wrong in the past, we won’t have the energy left to dream the kind of dreams God has in mind for us. I think there are moments in our lives when we fail so badly we feel absolutely unworthy to receive the grace of God. Those are the moments that either make us or break us spiritually. Either we look ourselves into the cage of guilt, or we experience new dimensions of God’s grace that changes our lives.”—Mark Batterson
For over a year now I’ve been battling with these emotions of hurt feelings, guilt, failure, fear and disappointment. Then I realize that it’s the enemy’s way of winning of over me, keeping me from looking forward.  I’d been saying I was looking forward but wasn’t really living it. For over a year now I’ve been getting emails from a Mission called MERCY SHIPS. Emails that were like little messages from God asking me to trust, have faith, look forward. I finally filled out the paper work and then just sat on it for couple months. I didn’t send in it, just held onto it. What was I waiting for you might ask? I HAVE NO IDEA…ha!  I know I was scared of moving forward; allowing God to work, show grace. To be honest, I still am struggling with this, BUT the great thing is, I know WHO it is that trying to keep me from moving forward and he will not win this time. I refuse to let the enemy have the power anymore. My verse that I have to say over and over again, The LORD upholds all those who fall and lifts up all who are bowed down. Psalm 145:14. 
I sent in my application to Mercy ships on Friday Oct. 10th. I heard back in an email about possible dates to serve and when/where on Monday Oct. 13. On Monday Oct. 20th I got the ok from my Boss to take off 3 weeks. Side note, my office is really busy and its’ “all hands on deck”, pun intended. Me being gone for 3 weeks is like out of the question BUT it’s happening because it’s during that time that 3 of the 5 dentists are taking vacation. YEA! GOD is AWESOME! But wait, there’s more…..
On Wednesday Oct 22nd I was officially approved to GO and SERVE with Mercy Ships.  A little over a week from the time I sent in the papers, God moved and set this into motion! Yes, it’s taken me another week to get my head around the fact that its happening and put it into words and try and share with you guys. But there it is! What is Mercy Ships?www.mercyships.org

What do I need from you? PRAYERS, LOTS OF THEM, for all the reason listed above and a couple more I’m about to share. I would like for you to consider helping with my expenses:
Plane ticket to Africa: $2,000    
Mercy ships/Other: $1,500 
I hope you all know how much I appreciate your support, thoughts and prayers as I continue to follow His plan for me.      
If you would like to help support me please contact me.
Cell: 336-953-5573