I made it!!! Safe and Sound in Africa with all my bags, wonderful team members and other Workers. All of the other worker's bags made it as well. How Awesome is that, it was like a huge weight lift off everyone to see ALL of the many bags come through! Second day here in Africa and still adjusting to Time changes, Food, and Culture. I thank you all for your Pr8yers and Support, it's much appreciated, because I couldn't be here without you guys. I'm missing everyone tons! I'm showing off pictures of all "my" cute kids! I miss you all so much but the King has blessed me with the sweetest kids here to remind me of you all, so it's making it little easier. J
Yesterdy some of us went to the "Mall", it's called YaYa, about a 30min walk. I got to see a CAMEL, yea I said CAMEL!! I wanted to ride soo bad, I think we all were thinking about it, of course we didn't. I got a Kenyan phone and surprised mom and dad with a call while they were at Upward. Dad didn't even know it was me, LOL. It's supper cheap for me to call them while I'm here for couple more weeks so I'm sure I will take advantage as much as I can.
This morning has been AMAZING! It's Sunday, and my first Ch8rCh service in Africa. So nice to sing for our King with so many other brothers and sisters, at the same time missing home little as well. The Teacher did a great job and we all were invited to have tea afterwards. Us workers heading to the Island are taking advantage as much as we can, soon it will not be the same. Lunch today reminded me little of home…KFC maybe…mind you that was a little. “Taters” weren’t mamaw’s that’s for sure! My new roomies and I went back to “Mall” today, they had the market out today were you can buy all kinds of African souvenirs, and I made a friend. This guy told me my skirt looked like a Christmas tree, haha. He kept wanting to trade my sunglasses, then my “vera” bag, I said no thanks…I’m good, ha. Sarah and Alicia thought it was pretty funny; I was ready to get out of there. We also checked out the place that is considered “Walmart” around here. They told us to stock up on some snacks before leaving for ABO, Africa Based Orientation.
We will leave for Africa Based Orientation in Machakos, Kenya on Tuesday morning. I will try to send updates along the way, but if you don't hear from me much over the next month, please don't worry...I will be busy learning how to live life on this side of the world! We will be back in Nairobi around Feb 28 and will leave for our final destination in the Islands on Mar. 3.
One more little bit of info, we found out that one of our team mates isn’t going to be joining us after all. Gemma, got engaged little while ago, so she will not be coming out to be my roomie in Aug. So for now I’ll still be living with Sarah and Alicia and the Leaders are looking for other possible houses for us. Our house right now is a 2 bedroom, which would have been ok for 6 months but 2 ½ years….not so much. So, we are sure that the King will work everything out and provide what we need, but for now we will enjoy living by the Ocean! J
Please continue to be on your knees for me and other workers as we continue to transition to our new Homes and what HE is called all of us to do for HIM! Thank you all so much!
Love <><